Vitalstatistix (Vitals) is a vibrant home for contemporary art and community life, based on the Port River, Yerta Bulti, Kaurna Country in Port Adelaide, South Australia, at the heritage-listed Waterside Workers Hall.
Vitalstatistix is seeking motivated individuals to join our board, both as general members as well as for the Treasurer role.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES of a Board Member
It shall be the responsibility of the Board to establish and maintain standing orders, policies and procedures, and systems of financial control, internal control, and performance reporting.
It shall be the responsibility of the Board to clearly demarcate and delegate the functions of sub-committees, officers, the CEO, and other staff and agents.
It shall be the responsibility of the CEO to address key management and operational issues within the direction and the policies laid down by the Board, including:
- Developing and implementing organisational strategies and making recommendations to the Board on significant strategic initiatives;
- Making recommendations for the appointment of staff, determining terms of appointment, evaluating performance, and developing and maintaining succession plans for staff;
- Developing the annual budget and managing day-to-day operations within the budget;
- Maintaining an effective risk management framework;
- Keeping the Board and regulators informed about any developments with a material impact on the organisation’s performance; and
- Managing day-to-day operations in accordance with agreed standards for social, ethical and environmental practices.
The Board meets approximately six times per year, in addition to the Annual General Meeting.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES of the Treasurer
- Work with the Executive Director / Co-CEO, overseeing the financial administration of the organisation;
- Advise the board on financial strategy and ensure the board understands its financial obligations;
- Ensure the organisation complies with tax regulations, such as GST, PAYG, payroll tax and fringe benefits tax;
- Review internal processes and reporting methods as required.
Position: Board Member and/or Treasurer
Contract Term: 2-year terms, up to three terms
Location: Port Adelaide, South Australia – we invite interstate applications also, meetings are held predominantly online
Reports To: Chair
Direct Reports: n/a
SELECTION CRITERIA & HOW TO APPLY
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, such as finance and/or business.
- Registered as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Practising Accountant (Treasurer only).
- Experience in, or an interest in, the arts.
- Experience in not-for-profit accounting and the management of grants and acquittals (Treasurer only).
- Women, queer, non-binary and First Nations candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply please provide us with the following:
- Cover letter that introduces you and outlines why you are applying for this role
- Relevant CV
Please address your application to Cassie Magin, Executive Director, and email to email@example.com