Supporting the development of new art and performance
Presented by Vitalstatistix
Applications have closed.
Adhocracy is Vitalstatistix’s national hothouse, supporting the creative development of new experimental and multidisciplinary arts projects. Artists from around Australia join us to create and converse over the first weekend of Spring. This year’s tenth anniversary edition of Adhocracy will be proceeded by a national experimental art exchange.
What are we looking for?
We are interested in projects that:
- Explore ideas, research questions, provocations and concepts;
- Are culturally and socially engaged;
- Provide a methodology for genuine experimentation with ideas and forms over the four days alongside consideration of space, technology, interdisciplinary practice and community engagement, as relevant;
- Are a genuine collaboration between a creative team over the course of four days (solo proposals are of course fine if the project is a solo endeavour);
- Enable audiences to experience part of the making/research process;
- Are new works in the early stages of development that can benefit from a hothouse environment (or a substantial reimagining of an existing art work if there is a strong rationale).
Adhocracy is a four-day event. The first day, Thursday 5th September, is for artists only. The public program for audiences runs Friday 6th to Sunday 8th September. To be selected for participation you must be able to fully attend all four days. Selected artists will present a talk or showing each evening of the public program. Please note that this year there will also be a national experimental arts exchange held on 3rd and 4th September that you will be invited to attend if you are selected.
Selected projects will receive a fee of up to $4000 each, towards artist fees, transport and accommodation costs if you are from outside of South Australia, and materials. You will also receive some additional production and documentation support from Vitalstatistix. Each selected project will be allocated a studio space at Waterside, which can range in size and technical capacity.
Adhocracy is an adventurous, intense experience and you will be sharing space and resources with other artists. This is an opportunity for collaboration, experimentation, creative development, and, of course, feedback from Adhocracy artists and audiences. For more on what Adhocracy is like, we highly recommend you check out the 2018 public program and short documentary videos from previous years.
Applications have closed.