Vitalstatistix (Vitals) is a vibrant home for contemporary art and community life, based in Port Adelaide, Yartapuulti, Kaurna Country, South Australia, at the heritage-listed Waterside Workers Hall.
Vitalstatistix is seeking a motivated and dynamic part time Production and Venue Manager.
The Production and Venue Manager is responsible for the daily operation of Waterside Workers Hall as well as production management of Vitalstatistix’s residencies and public performance program.
This role reports to the Executive Director / Co-CEO and works closely with them on the management of the venue. The role also works with the Artistic Director / Co-CEO and Program and Communications Coordinator on the performance program.
The Production and Venue Manager provides input into operational plans and documentation, supports financial planning and business planning through information sharing, and acts as the primary point of contact for external venue hires.
The Production and Venue Manager works within a small team and is an important contributor to the smooth running of our busy arts organisation. Out-of-office hours work is a regular requirement of this role.
We are looking for someone with arts sector experience who has the energy and ambition to keep up with a hectic pace, a broad skills set, and a passion for Vitalstatistix’s work and values. You will be someone who is quick to take on new and varied tasks, with strong administration and communication skills, lots of initiative, and who thrives in a small, dynamic team.
Position: Venue and Production Manager
Term: Annual renewable contract with an initial 6-month probation period. Suitable for candidates unable to commence until April 2024 if already contracted for festival season.
Hours: Part time – We are open to job-sharing should you seek only a Venue Manager or Production Manger role, and other flexible workplace arrangements. Please discuss this with us in advance of applying.
Salary: $75k+ (negotiable) (pro-rata to 0.6-0.8FTE) plus superannuation & 17.5% leave loading
Location: Port Adelaide, Yartapuulti, Kaurna Land, South Australia (flexible working arrangements available, in line with the needs of the organisation)
Reports To: Executive Director / Co-CEO
Direct Reports: Production staff, volunteers and casual crew
SELECTION CRITERIA & HOW TO APPLY
- Demonstrated minimum five years recent experience in venue and/or production management.
- Knowledge of the South Australian/Australian arts landscape.
- Highly confident, with the ability to lead and motivate others when working in fast-paced environments.
- Planning and problem-solving skills and experience.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills with experience working collaboratively with artists, production crew and front of house staff.
- Experience and passion for people and great workplace culture.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive and culturally safe workplace practices.
- Unrestricted Driver’s Licence
- Experience in contemporary performance, experimental art, and/or multidisciplinary arts sectors.
- Existing network across the South Australian Arts sector
- Certifications in: First Aid, Responsible Service of Alcohol, Warden, Mental Health First Aid.
- Project management/producing experience.
- Qualifications in technical production and/or hospitality.
- An existing network of technical and production workers.
Download the full Position Description and Selection Criteria here.
Enquiries and applications to Cassie Magin, Executive Director / Co-CEO, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.