Vitalstatistix (Vitals) is a vibrant home for contemporary art and community life, based on the Port River, Yerta Bulti, Kaurna Country in Port Adelaide, South Australia, at the heritage-listed Waterside Workers Hall.
Vitalstatistix is seeking a motivated and dynamic full time Program and Communications Coordinator.
The Program and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and communication of the artistic program of Vitalstatistix, including project and artist coordination; event management; volunteer coordination; delivery of marketing, communications and community engagement strategies; and management of the organisation’s website and social media.
We are looking for someone with arts sector experience who has the energy and ambition to keep up with a hectic pace, a broad skills set, and a passion for Vitalstatistix’s work and values. You will be someone who is quick to take on new and varied tasks, with strong administration and communication skills, lots of initiative, and who thrives in a small, dynamic team.
The Program and Communications Coordinator works closely with the wider team, including the Director of Vitalstatistix, and reports directly to the General Manager. The Program and Communications Coordinator interacts regularly with other staff and contractors, board members, artists, audience members, venue users, and many other stakeholders.
The Program and Communications Coordinator works within a small team and is an important contributor to the smooth running of our busy arts organisation. Out-of-office hours work is a regular requirement of this role.
Position: Program and Communications Coordinator
Term: Annual renewable full-time contract with an initial 4-month probation period.
Hours: Full time – We are open to job-sharing and other flexible workplace arrangements. Please discuss this with us in advance of applying.
Salary: $63,400 plus 10.5% superannuation
Location: Port Adelaide, South Australia (flexible working arrangements available)
Reports To: General Manager
Direct Reports: Volunteers and Casual Staff
SELECTION CRITERIA & HOW TO APPLY
1. Demonstrated experience in the arts sector, in similar roles.
2. High organisational capacity, including the ability to work across multiple projects, excellent time management skills, an eye for detail and a sense of initiative.
3. Understanding and experience in project coordination, with strong administration skills, liaison with stakeholders, and records, contract, and documentation management.
4. Understanding and experience in the delivery of successful, engaging marketing and communications campaigns.
5. Ability to manage social platforms and website (WordPress) and to develop sophisticated online engagement.
6. Understanding of and an ability to implement community engagement and audience development strategies.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. An understanding of and alliance with the values and artistic work of Vitalstatistix.
9. Knowledge of the Australian arts sector, particularly the independent and small-to-medium sectors and experimental/contemporary performance.
10. Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively in a small and busy team, negotiation and problem-solving skills, and ability to adapt.
Download the full Position Description and Selection Criteria, and how to apply here.
Enquiries and applications to Cassie Magin, General Manager, on email@example.com.
Applications close 2pm Monday 25th July 2022